Updated – Winners Announced & Suggestions Posted (below)
Clearly we are among the very creative and very literal in our sound design community. You guys really made this fun and we thank you for all the entries. Again this was a really cool to see your take on these new sounds from Battle Royale game sound library. Take a look at the list of some of the naming suggestions (below) and you’ll see what we mean. We are pleased to announce the winners of the Name That Battle Royale Sound contest right here:
- Post Production – Rob Z.
- Indie Producer – Xenoslyce
- Game Developer – Panagiotis S.
- Hobbyist – Patrick R.
Congratulations to one and all, Each winner will receive the new Battle Royale Sound Effects Library. Again thanks for participating!
—– Original Post —– Our newest sound library, Battle Royale is in the final stages of QA and sound design. We want you to be the first to hear what’s in store and help us name a couple of the sound effects that will be included in the collection. Make a suggestion and you could win your very own Battle Royale Sound Effects Library – 800+ battle royale style sound effects for film, games and any audio production. All you need to do is…
- Listen to the demo (below) of three different sounds in Battle Royale SFX Library
- Tell us what you think is a good name for each of the sounds
You’ll be automatically entered into the Battle Royale Sound Naming Contest. Three winners will be chosen from the entries. You’ll also be added to the VIP list so you can receive the exclusive VIP into price when Battle Royale is released. Winners will be announced before the new sound library is released.
Contest Entries for Name That Battle Royale Sound
This is a sampling of the entries we received. Because it was too hard for us to choose only one winner we’ve identified our favorites in bold below. Maybe yours is listed? Thanks for playing!
Name Suggestions for Sound #1
|Danger Lurks (Ambient Music Loop)|
|Desolate tunnel (Transition)|
|Doom on the Horizon|
|Drone inside unstable nuclear|
|Entering the secured zone|
|Enter The Royale|
|Game End Info Screen|
|Game Over Music|
|Glass Pads with Sweep Synth Bass|
|Running in the Dark|
|Sailing through the fog|
|Shadows in the city|
|Stillness before the Carnage|
|Tension drone; Evacuated Facilities|
|The Devil’s Hallway|
|Within the Black Hole|
Name Suggestions for Sound #2
|Alien Stomach Punch|
|Auto spud gun|
|Banging the poker table|
|Blast and Clank|
|Bomb Trap blast|
|Chest with money Impact|
|Dropping coin purse|
|Epic money pickup|
|Footsteps on Dry Leaves|
|Footsteps-Chained large beast prisoner|
|Giant Robot’s Typewriter|
|In-Game purchased items|
|Kick the Cash|
|Knocks on the Vault Door|
|Loose Change Thumper|
|pick up money|
|slot machine loadup|
|The hidden treasure|
|The most unique sound name I|
|The step of the Piggy Bank|
|Thump and rattle|
|UI Bump or Impact – or a level-upgrade|
Name Suggestions for Sound #3
|4x Pistol Shot|
|Blast of Whupass|
|Close rifle fire, single shot with tail|
|External Gunshots with reverb|
|Front Porch Killshot|
|Gun shot exterior 1|
|Gunpowder Pistol Shot|
|Gunshot (open air)|
|gunshot in the distance|
|gunshot with tail|
|Gunshot, Close Range, Low End|
|Handgun in open field|
|Heavy rifle shooting|
Thump impacts and diffuse reflections
|Mid-Range Rifle Gunshot|
|Rifle Long Shot|
|Shot through the heart|
|Silenced pistol shot|
|Skeet Shooting Sport|
|The Armsel Bulldog Striker|
|Two More To Be Sure|
|Watchtowers rifle shot|
Contest Has Ended - Thanks for Participating
*** Epic Stock Media NAME THAT BATTLE ROYALE SOUND GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES ***
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF ANY GOOD OR SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR AND GOVERN YOUR ENTRY IN THE GIVEAWAY.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this NAME THAT BATTLE ROYALE SOUND (“Giveaway”) is Epic Stock Media (“Sponsor”).
- GIVEAWAY ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway period begins and ends at the time specified in the Giveaway (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open anyone who is 18 years or older at the start of the Promotion Period. Current or former employees of Sponsor or its suppliers, representatives, and agents, their immediate families, and/or members of their households are not eligible to enter.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter go to https://epicstockmedia.com/name-that-battle-royale-sound/ (“Epic Stock Media Website”) during the Promotion Period, and fill out all requested information. Limit one (1) entry per household per month/Promotion Period. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and at its sole discretion may, reject any entry for failure to comply with these entry requirements.
- WARRANTIES AND CONSENTS: By entering the Name That Battle Royale Sound Giveaway during the Promotion Period, you: (a) represent and warrant that you have read, and agree to be bound by, these Rules; (b) consent to the use of your name and/or likeness by the Sponsor for promotion purposes through any media now known or hereafter developed, without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law; (c) consent that by entering the Your Ambition – Your Sound Giveaway, you grant Sponsor the right to contact you via telephone or electronically; (d) agree that Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the giveaway, reject any entry, or make any revision to the Rules as it deems necessary; (e) agree to be bound by the interpretations of these Rules and decisions of the Sponsor which are final in all matters relating to the Giveaway; and (f) agree that all claims arising from or related to these Rules or the Giveaway must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Davidson County, Tennessee.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in a random drawing (“Drawing”). The Drawing will take place within seven (7) days following the close of the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will notify the winner by emailing the winner within seven (7) days of the Drawing (“Prize Notification”). To claim the prize, the winner must verify his or her mailing address, and any other personal information required for Sponsor to issue the prize, within 14 days of the Prize Notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. In no event is Sponsor required to attempt to contact the winner more than once. The prize will be forfeited if the winner cannot be reached; the winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; the winner fails to respond to the Prize Notification in a timely fashion; or the winner has violated the Rules. Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes.
- GENERAL RULES: The Name that Battle Royale Sound Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, all winners agree that Sponsor, their affiliates, and all of the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of Sponsor, will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, to winner or other person, including (without limitation) injuries, loss of damages arising out of or relating to death, and, injuries, damages, or losses to property due in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this giveaway. In the event that a third party provides the prize, Sponsor will not be held liable for any and all issues (including any lawsuits, loss or damages of any kind) arising between the winner and the third party.